Answered

Voices from rear surrounds (ONE SL’s)

I can hear voices coming out of my rear ONE SL’s. Is this normal? As far as I understood the surrounds were only meant to output surrounding noises (things off screen for instance).

icon

Best answer by SarahN 13 April 2023, 03:23

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

10 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

I find that if I'm playing stereo TV content then sometimes it will send quieter voices to the surrounds. I also use ONE SLs but I don't think it's the type of speaker that drives what the soundbar sends to them. Think it just depends on the content playing on the TV. 

Okay thank you!

One more thing…

If my system reads “Stereo PCM 2.0” Does that mean I’m not truly receiving a 5.1 surround experience?

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

That means what you're watching is in stereo. Some content is only stereo so it could be right. 

Most streaming services will tell you if what you're watching is in 5.1 so make sure this is what you have on your TV, then see what the now playing screen on the app says. 

What I am streaming says it is 5.1, but I’m still getting that PCM 2.0. I am connected using the optical adapter could that be the cause of this? Does the optical not support 5.1?

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Optical does support 5.1 so sounds like your TV settings. Hopefully more experienced members of the community can chime in to advise on what your TV settings should be 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

What make and model is your tv, @WickidWizard11 ?

I have a Panasonic TH-50PZ700U. Old school.

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Is that quite an old TV? If so I know some older Panasonic TVs don't pass through 5.1 if the source is connected via a hdmi cable. I had this issue with a bedroom TV with a Fire stick connected to it. It would only show 2.0 no matter what I was playing on say Netflix. I ended up getting a newer cheap TV for the bedroom 

Yes it is quite old. It is a plasma TV from 2007. I figured the issue was my TV. I just wanted to explore all options to try and find a way.

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

That will be use issue then most likely. You might need to upgrade your TV sadly