Answered

Vocals on Era 100 Sound Bad

• 6 January 2024
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

I saw a topic of this name and am experiencing the same issue. I bought a Sonos Era 100 to replace a Sonos One SL in my system. But the sound produced by the Era 100 is worse than the One SL. Vocals and mids sound muffled. I have tried messing with the equalisation setting bass to min and treble to max but the sliders seem to have little effect on the voice comprehension. This is puzzling as most people seem to say the Era 100 is better. Perhaps there are bad batches. I am not sure now whether to keep the One SL. The one benefit for me of the Era 100 is the volume slider but the sound is annoying me, particularly as I mostly listen to speech radio. Is this something Sonos support can fix, for instance a replacement Era 100. Do others receive muffled voices from the Era 100.

icon

Best answer by Stanley_4 6 January 2024, 23:23

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

I’d call Sonos Support, they can likely help you get a properly working 100.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

@harry smith 

I definitely can’t confirm your sound experience and suggest to follow @Stanley_4 s advice. 
For me the Era100 sounds very similar to a One(SL) but a little bit more powerful and the highs are clear and detailed as well.