Skip to main content

I just moved my Sonos system to a VLAN, which is not the VLAN my main network (including my phone) is on.  Now, of course, none of my Sonos apps, phone or PS sees my system.  Is there any way to get them all working together (short of putting my speakers back on my main VLAN?  Don't really want to do that, as that'll lessen the security of my network.

Not that I’m aware of. The system is designed to have both the speakers and the controller(s) on the same subnet, placing the speakers on a separate VLAN certainly breaks that paradigm. 

Move your phone to the VLAN. Your phone is frankly a more likely attack vector to your network than your Sonos devices.

Some masochists have figured out how to bridge their VLANs fr Sonos on Ubiquiti, many have failed in their attempts. I hope you find your efforts worth it.

Move your phone to the VLAN. Your phone is frankly a more likely attack vector to your network than your Sonos devices.

Some masochists have figured out how to bridge their VLANs fr Sonos on Ubiquiti, many have failed in their attempts. I hope you find your efforts worth it.

Yeah, I figured I’d probably have to do that.  Doesn’t help my desktop app, but such is life.

Thanks for the help, guys!