Using Sonos products in a second place

• 5 July 2023
  • 3 replies

Hi all

So I have a children’s party on the weekend, in a nearby hall.  I’ve got a Sonos Roam and several Sonos Ones at home.

Last year when I attempted to use one of the Sonos Ones in a similar situation it didn’t work, and had to resort to the Sonos Roam, which is probably big enough for the space.

i am looking for some advice on what to do, I think the cheapest thing would be to take one of the Sonos One speakers to the hall and use that.  However I’m not sure if there is wifi.

I assume if there was no wifi this would be not usable? If there was Wifi could I use one of the Sonos One’s?

I am extremely tempted to use this opportunity to buy another speaker.  If I were to get and Era 100, set it up at home, could I then use it as a Bluetooth speaker at this other location? 

Is the main benefit of a Move the battery?

thanks!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7

The easiest option would be to get a Move. It is portable, compatible with Bluetooth, and large enough to fill a room with music.

It is too difficult to reset the One and set it up on a WiFi network that may or may not exist at the hall. And the Roam is too small to fill a larger space with music.

Thanks for replying so quickly.

What do you think of the Era 100 as an option ?  I would not be using a portable battery option very often at all

Userlevel 7

With the Era 100, you would still need to set up the speaker on the WiFi network at the hall even to connect to it over Bluetooth.

Even though the Move is a portable speaker, it can also be used as a stationary speaker. I have a Move and it sits on its charging base in my dining room 98% of the time. So it basically acts like a stationary indoor speaker. But when I want to take it outside or to a friend or family member’s house for a party, I can easily do so. It’s always ready to be taken on-the-go with the battery 100% charged. Plus it sounds great. It is very comparable to the One but with slightly better bass.