Answered

used sonos play 3 won’t connect

• 6 November 2023
  • 2 replies

I’m trying to connect a used play 3.  I reset the speaker several times, the Sonos 2 app only recognized it after I connected it with an Ethernet cable.  The app sees it now but only gets to the prompt “press the mute button on the speaker you wish to connect”. I press the button and after it times out I get the message saying the button was not pressed.  

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 6 November 2023, 15:33

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Sounds a bit like the Wi-Fi component of this used device isn’t working. I’d suggest wiring it so it shows up in your controller, then submit a system diagnostic, and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and network.

Awesome. Thanks much.