Answered

Use mic on Sonos Era with windows Bluetooth

• 23 June 2023
  • 4 replies

I recently bought Sonos Era 100 and use it as desktop speaker for my desktop. I connect to the speaker using Bluetooth. Since the speaker has a Mic, how do I use that as the default mic for my machine ?

icon

Best answer by AjTrek1 23 June 2023, 05:10

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7

Hi

You can’t use it as a mic for your computer. The mics are for TruePlay tuning or to access Alexa and/or Sonos voice assistants. 

Wow. I didn’t know that, thanks for reply. This is such a disappointment. Since it has Alexa so that means you can access them. 

Userlevel 7

BTW, Alexa requires an Internet connection to the speaker and therefore is not available in BT mode.

BTW, Alexa requires an Internet connection to the speaker and therefore is not available in BT mode.

Well, since Roam, Era 100, and Era 300 can be connected to internet and in BT mode at the same time, this is not the case for them.  Move, however can only connect to interent or BT, not both at the same time.