upgrade 30% off

• 10 January 2024
  • 7 replies

Hi, 

I bought at the same time a SONOS 3 and a SONOS 5 speaker. Both are well registered on my SONOS account. I need to change my Sonos 5 Gen 1 which is not compatible with the new SONOS system and I want to use he 30% discount upgrade program. For a bug reason that cannot be explained by SONOS for weeks, the offer is available on my account for the SONOS 3 and not for my SONOS 5. The Sales representative does not give any help to solve the problem. I am considering contacting a lawer to sue SONOS on the principle since I bought this speaker, ii is well registered and I am entitled to benefit  from this offer. I am incredibly surprised how SONOS treats its customers who want to be faithful to SONOS and buy a new product and I will protect my rights and those of the customers whatever it costs me.   

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Hi, 

I bought at the same time a SONOS 3 and a SONOS 5 speaker. Both are well registered on my SONOS account. I need to change my Sonos 5 Gen 1 which is not compatible with the new SONOS system and I want to use he 30% discount upgrade program. For a bug reason that cannot be explained by SONOS for weeks, the offer is available on my account for the SONOS 3 and not for my SONOS 5. The Sales representative does not give any help to solve the problem. I am considering contacting a lawer to sue SONOS on the principle since I bought this speaker, ii is well registered and I am entitled to benefit  from this offer. I am incredibly surprised how SONOS treats its customers who want to be faithful to SONOS and buy a new product and I will protect my rights and those of the customers whatever it costs me.   

I assume you mean a play:5 and play:3.  Regardless, I am not sure you’ll be entitled to the discount since it was not part of the original agreement when you purchased the speakers.  Also, the 30% discount would be worth about $750 at most and is not redeemable for cash value.  I’m not sure too many lawyers would be willing to take that case.  But maybe France is different than the US.  I don’t know.

I hope this disagreement gets worked out between you and Sonos.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

What would be the problem using the discount available for your Play 3 instead of the Play 5?

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

30% discount, Wow... I only get 15% here in Denmark..
Would be happy if I got 30%..

I'm unfortunately not familiar with which products you can get a discount on, so I can't help on that level, having said that, it's great that they have this offer on some of their products..

30% discount, Wow... I only get 15% here in Denmark..
Would be happy if I got 30%..

I'm unfortunately not familiar with which products you can get a discount on, so I can't help on that level, having said that, it's great that they have this offer on some of their products..

Older products, in terms of when Sonos stopped making them , get the deeper 30%, while the less older products are at 15%.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Have you owned the Play:5 since new?. Maybe a previous owner used the discount?

As you don't need to return anything, why not just use the 30% discount from the Play:3 to buy a replacement for the 5?

Userlevel 7

What would be the problem using the discount available for your Play 3 instead of the Play 5?

Have you owned the Play:5 since new?. Maybe a previous owner used the discount?

As you don't need to return anything, why not just use the 30% discount from the Play:3 to buy a replacement for the 5?

The Play:3 is only eligible for a 15% discount as the speaker is compatible with S2.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Ah, yes it is just 15%.

It could still be that the discount has already been claimed on the Play:5 - although I would have expected Sonos to see that.