Skip to main content

Hello … like so many of you, I updated the Sonos app not long ago and well, I think you all know what happened (lost the ability to access my library, or add songs to the end of the queue, etc.). I was amazed by how much of a disaster the update was/is. Since then I have been researching alternatives, but in the meantime, I have been able to run my system from the Windows app and also learned about the SonoPhone app, which took me a second to get used to, but has been working well. It is faster that the previous Sonos app we are all asking them to roll back to. I also noticed that there has been another Sonos app update for iOS (my computer is Windows, but I have an iPhone), and since my apps on my iPhone are set to auto-update, the app was updated. I thought there was a small chance that they corrected the issues we’ve been experiencing, but instead, was prompted to update my Sonos system to use the app (I am now prompted that there is an update in the Windows app as well, but have not updated). I felt rather unsure about running the update so thought I would check with users here to see if they have and what the outcome was? Right now, I can use my speakers  (8 total) by using the Windows app and SonoPhone on the iPhone. I fear that if I update the system, I will no longer be able to even use it as I am now.

I was not prompted to update my system in whole with the app update a couple of weeks back, but am with the latest update.

Anyone update to the latest system?

This issue has been raised since 2 weeks ago.

We asked revert back option but they dont care.

Untrustworthy company.

1 STAR RATING PLEASE

I am now part of the new software disaster and at least now know I am not alone.

does anyone have a workable solution outside of Sonos to operate our systems?