Skip to main content
Question

Updated App (May 20 2024). Where did SonosNet go?

• 20 May 2024
  • 7 replies

So, I’m trying to understand how Sonos currently deals with SonosNet?  My Sonos environment is a good 12 years old, and was using SonosNet wireless before connecting directly to reliable wifi networks was a thing.   I’ve had issues with SonosNet on and off over the years.  As I’m currently on an On period of having issues with it, and I have a very reliable wifi network these days, I figured maybe it’s about time to move off of SonosNet and dedicatedly use only WiFi and wired connections.    I went into my network settings and could see info about SonosNet and my wifi network there.    But it wouldn’t let me do anything until I did an app update, so I did.  I’m now on the *new and redesigned* app.  However now, when I go into Network settings, I see nothing about SonosNet, the ONLY thing I see is my wifi network there.   Yet, if I go into look at About My System, all my devices say they are connected by WM: SONOSNET, including both my wireless and wired speakers.  The only one that says something different is my ROAM, which ways WM: STATION (which I also don’t know what that implies).   

SOooo….. I’m confused.   If I want to completely remove my SonosNet network and only use Wifi and Wired, what do I need to do at this point?  

Many thanks in advance…..

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

I’d wait to make any changes until Sonos does some damage control on the app.

My SonosNet is still working (no Beam, just wired speaker) so I’m not going to touch anything and end up with my system completely non-functional.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Also confused. ‘About Your System’ gives no information as to whether speakers are wired or wireless. Is there still an advantage to having one speaker in the system wired to the ethernet if Sonosnet is being phased out?

Sonos should answer what has really happened to SonosNet. I have brought 3k worth of products from sonos and has relied on sonosnet for ages as connection through local wifi was very buggy. Since version 80.2 , there is no sonosNet and my system is very buggy. 

SonosnlNet was a feature that existed when i bought the product and i have the right to have it back.

Same - SonosNet was the only reason my sonos system worked. W/o it, very buggy, 

Unbelievable. Sonos essentially sabotaged the product we purchased, making it unusable. This should be a CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT. 

Class Action Lawsuit, heh. Good luck with that. Just type that into the search field and take your pick as to which post you want join. 😂

Good luck spending all day every day defending a company that is quickly losing all its customers and whose stock has gone down 16% in the last year while the rest of the market has gone up 23%.