Skip to main content
Question

Update errors setting up Sonos Ray

• 23 June 2024
  • 2 replies

We just purchased the Sonos Ray soundbar, during setup and update, we are getting error code 1014 through the cell phone and error code 30 with the laptop.  I got cut off during chat and sending diagnostics and then lost my live chat.  I’ve rebooted the Ray, router, 5 times.  It hooked up by ethernet cable to the router which is right next to the speaker at the moment.  We have the eero Pro 6E mesh system.  How do I get this to go through so we can use the speaker?  about to return it and get a different product.

We sent in diagnostics twice now.

2 replies

Hello watkinson1, Did you get a fix for this? I am having the same problem connecting a Sonos Ray to a Samsung tv today?

Yes, we got it fixed. The final fix was using the ir cable from our last sound bar, the one that came with the Ray would not stay plugged in.

I downloaded the software to my laptop and was able to get it set up, it was the app that was different than the one they told me to download. One app is just for streaming music. I downloaded the other app that sets up the account and locations. As soon as I got that set up.  The app on the phones will work. I also set up our remote for our TV to work the sound, but the phone app truly works better. I downloaded it on my husband's phone as well.

The green light will stay on just so you know. Hope you get it going, I had factory reset mine several times during all of this.