Answered

update

• 8 March 2024
  • 4 replies

Badge

Hi all 

system - Boost, Beam 2, Sub, 3 x Sl 1s

My s2 app stop working for about 3 weeks, however the system was working fine, yesterday I decided to try and sort it, ended up calling support, now I’m in a worse position, managed to get the app back but still now system won’t update the two SLs, it has updated the boost, beam and after a factory reset the sub.

Been through all the usual resets, on / offs, connect directly to router, etc etc, even support give up and have upgraded it too a new level of support but haven’t heard nothing from them.

this is so frustrating as the system was working fine, just reaching out to see if anyone has had the same problem, I’ve probably tried 12 - 14 updates, just gets too the last part and then says cannot update 

Codes 

Andy 

icon

Best answer by Corry P 11 March 2024, 10:32

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Soundsright 

Thanks for your post!

I’m sorry to hear of the trouble you’ve had so far. I can see that my colleague Francisc sent you an email 1 hour ago - I am confident he will be able to assist you in this.

Im facing the exact same problem.

Error 30, my Beam, Sub Mini and 2 Sonos One are not updating, this issue began a couple of weeks ago.

So frustrating and pointless to keep investing time & energy to solve that without proper support. 

Tried the Chat, connecting with authorized assistance in Brazil, yet no one seems to be able to solve that. 

im expecting a return from the authorized partner in Brazil to explain me how to reset factory settings as a last resort. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Rodrigo Sampaio 

According to the notes on your case, you were asked to call in via phone to continue troubleshooting - I recommend doing so, though I understand it may be difficult from Brazil.

Therefore, I recommend that you first reboot your router by switching it off for at least 30 seconds.

Please also ensure that there are no devices within 1m of the router or your speakers that may interfere with their operation - usually, these would be other WiFi devices, but you can look at our Reducing wireless interference help page for more details.

It may also help if you can temporarily connect the Beam to the router with an ethernet cable.

One thing you do not want to do is to reset any of your Sonos devices - it will not help, but it may make things worse.

I hope this helps.

Thanks for the guidance. I believe there was some update on Sonos side, since it suddenly solve the update issue Error 30. Best & thanks for the support.