Answered

unable to connect multiple One SL

• 17 April 2023
  • 5 replies

Hello everybody,

I bought 4 One SL speakers at once. And I installed the latest version of the Sonos app.

all speakers have been paired with the app, and they all have had the latest S2 update.

unfortunately there is a troubleshooting or a bug, because I am unable to have all 4 of the speakers together in the app. 

Some more info on my situation: they all are connected over WiFi on the same network.

I tried also linking them all over the wired network. 

I see the 4 speakers on my “airplay” mode, like for example if I want to listen to Spotify, I have all 4 of them in the list. And they play all 4 the Spotify music. But unfortunately not all at one.

if I ask Spotify to play more than one speaker at the same time, I neer to select the option of opening a room with the S1 Sonos app. Seems to be the standard Spotify respons.

so when I delete an re-instal the Sonos app, I can click on the infinity button to pair/link and it works properly. For a 4 of them this works.

but if I ask to add another speaker to the app, he keeps on searching, but can’t find any other speakers. Evendough they are all listed as available on my AirPlay/Spotify list.

someone got an idea?

thanks a lot!!

icon

Best answer by Stanley_4 18 April 2023, 22:50

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Did you add each one as a new Sonos system or did you do the first one as new, and then add the others to that system?

I can’t remember…

just to be sure, should I try resetting them all?

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Unplug all but one, and connect to it, make sure things are working as expected.

Pick one other, power it up and do a factory reset.

Add the reset one to the already configured Sonos using the add product option in the System menu.

Once it is in do the others, again one at a time for minimal confusion.

By not factory resetting all you won’t erase the basic Sonos information for your system.

Thank you @Stanley_4 

It worked!

I also noticed at least one speaker needs to be connected. They can not all 4 be used with the same wifi. So 3 wifi and 1 lan cable.

Works perfectly now!

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

The need to cable connect one speaker could be specific to your situation, generally speaking it is not needed to cable connect Sonos, though it can help in specific situations.