Skip to main content
Answered

Two Play:1 speakers: only one speaker is available on the app

• 15 April 2023
  • 4 replies

Hello,

I switched wifi network to which my two speakers were connected two in stereo. To transfer them to the new network, io performed factory reset to the Play:1 (not the wisest move, I know).

I then connected them with a cable to the router and got them to the network. Issue now is that I can only see one on the app: if I’ll unplug one the other will be live on the up, and vice versa, but not both. 

I performed a full power cycle - router, speakers and app, but that didn’t solve. I can see they are on different sonosnet channels, although this is greyed out (but they are both on the wifi anyway?).

What is going on? help please!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

You seem to have set up your speakers as two households, probably by setting up the last speakers as a new product instead of adding it to the existing system (the other speaker). You need to reset one speaker and set it up again, this time adding it to the existing system.

Thanks for the answer - 

I reset one speaker (unplug-press play/pause+plug in again), and in the app pressed ‘+ Add Product’. The app goes in to search mode, and although the speaker is on (solid white light) it is not detected.

Next steps…?

Thanks for the answer - 

I reset one speaker (unplug-press play/pause+plug in again), and in the app pressed ‘+ Add Product’. The app goes in to search mode, and although the speaker is on (solid white light) it is not detected.

Next steps…?

If the LED is showing as solid white, then the speaker has not been factory reset. The LED flashes green post-reset when it’s ready for adding to a system. See this LINK and perhaps give the reset another go.

That was the issue and this is working now - Thank you!

For what it’s worth, on the whole I enjoy my Play:1s: they are very good speakers and I enjoy the sound very much, but setup and troubleshooting can be vastly improved in my opinion. I can only thank the community for making up for this, much appreciated!