Answered

Trying to play Spotify simultaneously through Roam and Beam

• 29 January 2023
  • 4 replies

I’m trying to sync up Spotify with both my Roam and Beam to play the same song through both speakers. The system in the Sonos app only seems to list one device at a time and won’t find the other when I try to add a product, despite Spotify detecting both products still. So when I choose grouping in Spotify, I can only play through the one device in the Sonos app system. I’ve tried resetting the speakers, apps, wifi and both devices have different IPs but nothing works. Can you help please?

icon

Best answer by Mr. T 29 January 2023, 21:14

View original

4 replies

Using the SONOS controller Group the two rooms.

Userlevel 7

Play to either of your Sonos devices then use the grouping function in the Sonos app to group with the other.

https://support.sonos.com/en-gb/article/group-and-ungroup-rooms

I can only select one room though- the room with the Beam. The Roam / Roam room aren’t coming up in the app at all. The Sonos app only seems to list 1 product at a time (sometimes the Beam, sometimes the Roam) and doesn't pick up the second product when I try to add it. 

I can only select one room though- the room with the Beam. The Roam / Roam room aren’t coming up in the app at all. The Sonos app only seems to list 1 product at a time (sometimes the Beam, sometimes the Roam) and doesn't pick up the second product when I try to add it. 

If both speakers never show together in the ‘About my System’ area of the Sonos App (‘Settings/System’), then you ‘may’ be running each speaker in an entirely separate Sonos Household - the easiest way to rectify that type of situation, is to factory reset one device (which will also delete the HH and all settings) and then add it to the other devices Sonos household using ‘Settings/System/Add Product’ but of course only do that when you can see the non-reset speaker in the Sonos App.