trueplay problem with sonos 5 speakers

• 1 March 2023
  • 6 replies

Hi I have just bought two new Sonos 5s and there’s a problem .

I have paired them and trueplayed them.

the left speaker sounds great and the right speakers sounds crap 

There’s a massive imbalance between the two speakers

what do I do ?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

How was it pre-Trueplay? Swap them over, run Trueplay again, and see if the problem stays with the same speaker. If it is, try generating a diagnostics and contact Sonos support. 

Yes done all that lots of people having same problem as I have Sonos support no help whatsoever. Time to move on unfortunately 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Yes done all that lots of people having same problem as I have Sonos support no help whatsoever. Time to move on unfortunately 

Why ask “what do I do?” in your first post? You seem to have already made your decision. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

I posted then found Sonos community forum after . If you haven’t anything constructive to add keep it shut 

Based on your first post in these community forums, and the limited information you provided, my first response was constructive. 

Good luck, whatever your decision to keep or return the speakers may be. I’ll not contribute further to your questions. 

Share your frustration, and it’s good to see a fix is in the works. Had the same issue on my stereo pair of Play:5 Gen2’s. Ridiculous that a problem like this is happening on speakers of this price point. Hopefully this fixes it. Let me know if it works for you!