Answered

Trouble Connecting era 100 and error message non compatible app

• 7 March 2024
  • 2 replies

I just added an era 100 to existing sonos system. It took forever to get it to add, requiring multiple unplugs, etc. and once it finally added, it doesn't allow me to play music through it. There was an error message that said something along the lines of using a non-compatible app. I have the sonos v2 app, which is what I've been using for my two play 1 gen 2 speakers. 

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 7 March 2024, 17:38

View original

2 replies

Which version of the Sonos S2 app? Have you checked for updates, by going to Settings > System > System Updates > Check For Updates? Running this process will ensure that both the speakers, and your controller are on the same software revision, which should allow you to ‘play’ music on any of your speakers. 

If you check under Settings > System > About My System, it should be version 16.0, for S2. 

However, if this doesn’t work, I would recommend that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your network and Sonos system.

Thank you very much @Airgetlam. I came home from work and somehow things figured themselves out and I was able to add to my existing system and play music. I will keep your advice in mind for future. Thank you.