Total Pain in the Ass

• 13 August 2023
  • 2 replies

Does anyone else’s have the same experience that Sonos is a total pain in the ass? It is rare that the system actually works as wifi and apps keep “upgrading” over the years, which really means nothing works anymore. For an expensive speaker system reliant on Wifi which isn’t always reliable, I’ve found I’ve hardly ever been able to actually enjoy my Sonos speaker. Most of my interaction with the brand is waiting in line for customer service because something doesn’t work…. Again. I don’t understand why the ratings are so high when, in my experience, these speakers are a total pain. Which sucks because if they actually worked they’d be awesome but they rarely do. Total bummer.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Fix your network.  I have 11 total Sonos devices and all are rock solid and reliable as a concrete doorstop.  This is because I took the time to reserve an IP address for each one in my router setup to prevent any network problems.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Does anyone else’s have the same experience that Sonos is a total pain in the ass? It is rare that the system actually works as wifi and apps keep “upgrading” over the years, which really means nothing works anymore. For an expensive speaker system reliant on Wifi which isn’t always reliable, I’ve found I’ve hardly ever been able to actually enjoy my Sonos speaker. Most of my interaction with the brand is waiting in line for customer service because something doesn’t work…. Again. I don’t understand why the ratings are so high when, in my experience, these speakers are a total pain. Which sucks because if they actually worked they’d be awesome but they rarely do. Total bummer.

It’s a surprise that you’ve had your speaker since 2017 but not asked for advice on these forums in all that time. My 8-speakers system has been fine since following some advice given here about 5 years ago. 

​​Like @jgatie, once I set reserved ip addresses all has been fine for me.