Skip to main content

Three story house, need help with setup (wifi vs. hardwired)

• 3 May 2023
  • 1 reply

Hi guys,

I’m new to this community, and I already need your help :)

I just bought a 3 story house (3x60m2).  Here’s the audio equipment I just ordered for the house:

• level 1: sonos amp + 2x floorstander borea triangle br08 + 1x sub Velodyne Deep Blue 10 + 1x sonos era 100 (for voice control)
  • level 2: 2x sonos era 300 (gym)
  • level 3: sonos amp + 2x borea triangle br03 + 1x sonos era 100 (for voice control)

I have access to ethernet on all three floors, but I would much prefer to end up with wireless setup. What are the drawbacks, if any? Can I count on reliable performance with wifi?

If I go down the wireless path, what setup would you recommend? Which routers / mesh networks are known to work well with Sonos? Is Eero a good choice? What about SonosNet? It’s probably good for Sonos devices, but how does it interfere with your main wifi / takes airtime from all non sonos devices?

Any advice on how to go about connecting the devices listed above is much appreciated. Should I  go hardwired, with general wifi (if so, with which gear?) or with SonosNet? 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

I recommend wiring if possible.