Skip to main content
Question

System not working.

Sonos Amp working on WiFi or ethernet no problem at all. All the other sonos not working. All working fine up to a week ago now only Amp. 

12 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

What troubleshooting steps have you tried?

Have you rebooted your router?

Reset the app?

Rebooted any of the problematic speakers?

Are you using powerline adapters or WIFi extenders in your network?

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

All working fine up to a week ago. 

There was a system update a week ago so maybe yours didn’t properly update.

Go to Settings - Manage - System Updates - Check for Updates, to see if it suggests you still need to update some speakers. 

Also check you have the latest version of the app, released on Monday.

Plus, if this all comes back as already updated, the other advice is per @Pools-3015.  

Thank you for getting back to me.  I have tried everything you have suggested many many times over the last week and it has had no impact on the problem.  I have a Sonos Amp that works, I have connected it Wifi which is okay, then on the Ethernet which is okay, but I have 4 Sonos Ones and 1 Sonos Era 100 plus one Sonos Roam 1 and none of them now work since the update last week.  Before the update all my Sonos devices worked fine.  I have a Google Wifi system that is working perfectly with everything else.  I am really rather concerned as I have spent quite a lot of money on the system, which I was really happy with until the last update and I am now left with a system where only one item works.  What is the Company planning to do to solve this problem.  

Thanks David

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @David 54 

Welcome to the Sonos Community! I’m sorry to hear of the issues you’re having with your Sonos system.

Looking at your system from our end of things, most of it is offline, so whatever is going wrong here, it’s not the new app at fault -  the app cannot find the speakers because they are offline.

Please switch off your router for at least 30 seconds, then switch it back on and wait about 5 minutes for WiFi to return.

If that does not help matters, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports.

Do you have a router in addition to your Google WiFi system? If so, there could be configuration issues, likely to show when devices reboot (such as after a software update on Sonos). Please see the Mesh Networks section of my article: 

I hope this helps.

Hi, I have plugged all the units back in and still not working after re-setting all of the Wifi system.  Phones, laptops, TV , Sonos Amp all working no problem.  But all other Sonos products still will not connect.  Tuesday evening everything was working fine, Wednesday the only thing working on the Sonos system was the Sonos Amp after the update.  I am now at a loss to know what else I can do from my end to solve this problem.  Up to last week, highly satisfied with the system there were no problems with it at all.  All I want is the system back that works.

David

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @David 54 

Thanks - I looked again, but your speakers are still offline. I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports.

It seems very likely to me that this issue is due to a network configuration - I believe our team will be able to assist you.

I hope this helps.

Speakers offline thats the problem. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Speakers offline thats the problem. 

Have you tried connecting any of the offline speakers to your router by ethernet in case it makes it come back online? If you can get one online, might the others follow??

Yes tried it, did not make any difference at all. Why is it not possible to go back to the previous system that worked before the update. I am at loss to know what to do to make the system work again. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

The Google wifi configuration shouldn’t be an issue as it wasn't before, but presumably you have turned all of those off and on again as part of the troubleshooting?

If so, I’d advise following Corry’s suggestion to contact support.

Okay thanks but I bet that could take day's. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Okay thanks but I bet that could take day's. 

Possibly. But not doing anything will take longer.