Skip to main content

Hi,

I have multiple devices, most of them on ethernet.

One is a symfonisk and one is a Play:1 that need to be on Wifi.

It worked well, until I had to power off the devices. Now, the Symfonisk would work only on Ethernet. Funnily, when I add Symfonisk to Wifi, the Play:1 would disappear. When I add the Symfonisk back to ethernet, the Play:1 would appear and work again.

Sonos has become mostly annoying.

Is there any solution for this issue or did anyone experience the same?

Both devices were previously successfully added to the system. There must be a thing between 2.5 and 5 Ghz networks or something. Yes, 2.4 has Wifi 4 (802,.11b+g+n) and 5 Ghz has Wi-Fi 5

Any ideas?

Thanks!

PS: close to kick all the speakers out the window, together with the worst piece of software that I ever experienced. No Ace, until Sonos fixed it all.

Hi @dunsany 

Thanks for your post, and apologies for the delay!

Sorry to hear of the issues you’ve been having with your speakers going missing.

Now, the Symfonisk would work only on Ethernet. Funnily, when I add Symfonisk to Wifi, the Play:1 would disappear. When I add the Symfonisk back to ethernet, the Play:1 would appear and work again.

This part sounds like the Symfonisk was providing SonosNet for the Play:1 - when you connect the Symfonsik to WiFi instead, SonosNet is no longer broadcasted and the Play:1 drops off the system.

To resolve this issue, please start with the Symfonsik speaker running on WiFi. Please factory reset the Play:1, then add it on to your system as if new - the Sonos app will automatically prompt you to do this one the speaker has been reset. This way, the Play:1 will start using the WiFi credentials as intended.

I hope this helps.