Answered

Symfonisk lamp won't connect

• 14 May 2024
  • 5 replies

Diagnostics ********

I have done the complete flow for adding this lamp multiple times, ending with it connected to Ethernet and typing the PIN code from the bottom of the device. It consistently fails to add. It looks like I have the same problem with a symfonisk picture frame but I haven't tried everything with that yet. 

The rest of my system, including two other symfonisk products and 3 mainline sonos devices seems to be working fine.

I'm hoping sonos support can see this and do or suggest something.

Moderator edit: diagnostics recorded and removed as identifying information

icon

Best answer by PhilWilloughby 16 May 2024, 11:59

View original

5 replies

I have returned the products which wouldn't pair to Ikea as faulty. What they had in common was a production code from 2021, the stuff from 23 and 24 worked immediately and a speaker from 22 worked with some difficulty.

what was the behavior you saw trying to setup the 21 devices? My local ikea only has 2021 production models :/

Whatever I did they couldn't be added to the system. Following the prompts ended at using an Ethernet cable and entering the PIN manually which still didn't work

Same, sucks I have to return $2k worth of gear and waste 4 hours of my time on this adventure 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

what was the behavior you saw trying to setup the 21 devices? My local ikea only has 2021 production models :/

If I recall correctly, the original Symfonisk gear had the same internals as the Play:1, down to the part numbers on the capacitors, etc.  There was a teardown comparison on YouTube, that you may be able to find.  This, in my mind, means that any issues people are having with Play:1 will likely also present themselves on the Symfonisk gear.

Look for Play:1 solutions and try those, IMO.  Judging by how Sonos has handled this though, they may just wait until you tire of looking for help and then tell you your product is too old to connect.