Suggestions on the right setup for music in open layout living/kitchen/dining

• 8 April 2023
  • 3 replies

Hello, I have an open layout Living/Dining room/kitchen area about 33ft X 18 ft (on the kitchen side) and then the room narrows towards the living side (see room image). The ceiling height is about 10 ft. Trying to make a plan for how to best equip it for music listening only (no TV in this room). Thinking between various combinations of Era 300s with Sub Gen 3, or a couple of Fives? Would 2 Fives or 2 Era 300s be enough for a room this size? Also, thoughts about speaker placement would be great.

(I am about to setup a recently purchased Arc/Sub Gen3/2 Era 100s in a smaller TV room).

Will appreciate any thoughts. Thanks

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Are you the “sit and listen” or “up and about” type person?

Thank you. I do both, but in this room it will likely be passive listening with music playing in the background to everything else. Should I also be considering some combination of/or include Era 100s?

In this room I think that more speakers is better than less. Definitely have a pair in the kitchen area, near the noise sources. You could justify a pair in the Living and Dining areas. Add SUB depending on your need for bass. This scheme is using lots of speakers to provide uniform coverage and minimize the effects of an overly “live” room.