Answered

Suddenly no sound from one of three One SL speakers

• 31 October 2022
  • 3 replies

• Contributor I
  • 1 reply

As per the title - I’ve had three One SL speakers connected and grouped, working fine for several months now. 

A couple of days ago one of the three just stopped putting out any sound - the app thinks it is playing through that speaker but nothing. 

I have spent several hours troubleshooting; I have dis/reconnected (no trouble connecting it to the network although it won’t play the chime so I have to input the serial number manually) and also installed the update that was available - although it definitely stopped working BEFORE I installed the update. 

Unsure what else to do! I’ve run a diagnostic on it and have that number, but my phone is unable to make calls at the moment due to tower upgrades, and Sonos never seems to have representatives available to chat (only the bot) so I don’t seem to be able to get help from them. 

Please if anyone has ideas let me know! 

ETA - I have tried using both spotify and the sonos radio as sound sources, and both work fine on the other two speakers still, just not this one

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 31 October 2022, 02:36

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Sonos isn’t staffed particularly well on weekend, if at all. I’d try contacting them with that diagnostic number on Monday during normal business hours. 

I will try again if they come online - it’s already Monday and normal business hours in my part of the world and their phoneline is open so I thought maybe they’d have staff on the chat here too but maybe not! Thanks for the reply though

Ah, hard for anyone to know, since you didn’t fill out any of the data in your forum account. I’d suggest a call would be much more likely to be successful than attempting the chat system.