Answered

Suddenly, low volume on all Play One speakers

• 29 September 2023
  • 4 replies

We were gone from Sept 1-22 and when we returned, all our Play Ones require us to turn the volume from the normal 30-40 to 60 or higher just to hear people talking. What happened while we were gone? Why the change? We are running the app on iPhones app version 15.8.1 and Sonos OS version S2.

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 29 September 2023, 03:52

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Seems like a local issue, I’ve not seen any other reports of this behavior. Have you rebooted both the Sonos units, and the router?

By reboot, do you mean unplugging each speaker and plugging them back in? Or doing a full reset to factory settings forcing me to redo the complete set up on my entire network of speakers?

Unplugging them from power, waiting a minute, then plug them back in. 

Never do a factory reset without being instructed by Sonos directly, it solves nothing (or close enough to be nothing) , and erases data that might be useful to track down an issue. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Not the Factory Reset, it rarely fixes anything a power-cycle / reboot won’t do and as you said it deletes all system settings.

You might also check to see if the “Volume Limit” on the problem speakers got tweaked.