Skip to main content

Hi all,

Over the last couple of days my system is having issues and I would like to have some feedback on how to fix this. I noticed that two of my play1s didn't play sound when I am watching tv. I have them connected with the playbar. When I tried just listening to music, only 1 play1 and the playbar played music. Then I noticed the following:

1. Within the Sonos app for some reason one of my play 1 (I own 3) vanished from the app. I went through the usual steps of unplugging the power, eventually factory resetting, but now in the app I cannot even add it to my system. There is a repeat that it cannot find my play1 and I need to plug it in. I can assure you it is connected to the electricity and even connected via ether cable to the router. The light is flashing green meaning it is ready to set up. No matter what I do, the app keeps saying that it is disconnected and I need to make sure it is turned on. My play 1 is next to the router, connected via ether cable and plugged in to the electric net. Am I missing something here.
  2. While looking for a solution I read that reinstalling the app might help and now my account is not even recognized. I can log inn, but I keep getting the message that I need to log in as system owner.
  3. While testing out music via spotify whenever a commercial break pops up the system just freezes. After pressing play stop play stop it managed to continue, but I had to do it several times, much to my annoyance. Is this a known issue?

Would be great to get some solutions to my problems.

Hi @Batavian 

Sorry you are having issues with your Play 1. Below is an excerpt taken for the full article in this link 

You might try moving a bit further away from your router as too close can be just as problematic as being too far away.

Also try adding only one Play:1 at a time and leave the others unplugged until the first is added and so.

Unsupported products

Currently, the Sonos app can update WiFi settings on Sonos products that are capable of using Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE). Some Sonos products don’t have BLE capabilities, so the Sonos app will not be able to discover them in order to update their WiFi network information. These products are:

• Connect (Gen 2)
  • Connect:Amp (Gen 2)
  • One (Gen 1)
  • Play:1
  • Play:3
  • Play:5 (Gen 2)
  • Playbar
  • Playbase
  • Sub (Gen 1)
  • Sub (Gen 2)
  • SYMFONISK Bookshelf (Gen 1)
  • SYMFONISK Table lamp (Gen 1)

If you have any of these products in your Sonos system, first go through the above process of updating WiFi information for any supported products. Once your supported products are updated, factory reset any products that could not be discovered, then add them back to your Sonos system.

Dear @AjTrek1 

Thank you for your assistance. So I have unplugged all sonos devices and moved the unrecognized play1 further away from the router and I have updated the wifi network as you mentioned. I received the pop up that no devices were found. I once again unplugged the play1 and factory reset it. In the app I tried to add it while the light was blinking green. Though it did find the play1, it failed to add it to the system, all the way ‘till the light started blinking red. I have followed the steps 3 times now, but it does not complete the set up.