subwoofers not powering up anymore

• 1 August 2023
  • 5 replies

My subwoofer is dead 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

If you’ve checked the wall power already, there isn’t much this community can do for you, other than to recommend that you call Sonos Support directly to discuss it.

Yeah I’ve just spoke to the Sonia support team all they can do is offer me 30% off another Sonos subwoofer which leaves me  a little mad it’s only three years old $1000 dollars for a three year product very frustrated 

and disappointed with Sonos 

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

You could purchase an extended warranty on your new Sub if the Sonos one year warranty or replacement discount isn’t enough for you.

Overall, I’m not a great fan of extended warranties. Essentially you are betting that a unit breaks, and the warranty company is betting that it will not break. Guess who has supporting data and makes money on the deal.

It comes down to your tolerance to risk and your cash flow. If your cash flow is good enough to absorb a loss, I think that you are better off not taking the extended warranty on small stuff and saving the cash to cover an event, if necessary. Auto and home insurance is a good idea because of the large cash outflows that might suddenly be needed. The only exception to this policy has been for a business laptop computer because I thought that the risk was high enough and the contracted service center would be able to service the unit overnight. Yes. I did need service under the contract and that 2005 laptop is still functioning. In that case the contract was a good investment. So far that laptop has been the only product that has needed service within an extended warranty contract period. Had I insured everything, I would have lost money overall. At some point I’m sure that I’ll have a product failure within an extended period. I’ll just need to remember that I paid for the service many years ago with the savings generated by not buying service contracts. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Pricing and coverage varies greatly making some deals pretty decent while other deals are wasting money to worthless. Choose wisely.

Costco/SquareTrade/Allstate and Amazon’s offerings are the ones I’ve used. I just get them for Sonos gifts as I’d rather spend the money than have the person I gave the unit to get bit by the Sonos one-year limit or have to deal with the 30% discount replacement option.

Amazon: 

Add a Protection Plan:

3-Year Protection for $78.99

2-Year Protection for $59.99

Square Trade is a lot more: $149.99