Answered

sub mini

• 30 November 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

I installed a sub mini with 2 era 100s. I can’t hear any difference with the sub on or off. I called tech support, they were very polite but and they said everything is connected correctly and working correctly. I have used sub woofers for decades. They sound great…I can’t believe Sonos would put out a product that you can’t tell a difference whether it’s on or not.  I think there’s something wrong. 

When the unit initially booted you could hear the sound very distinctly.  I have tried multiple musics types and no difference. 

Any suggestions??

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 2 December 2023, 01:59

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7

What music streaming service are you using? Try testing the song “King Ghost” by Steven Wilson with and without the Sub Mini.

And the placement of where the Sub is may play a key role, too. Lower frequencies are more sensitive to placement.

Userlevel 1

Thanks. I tried King Ghost and didn’t hear any noticeable different sound.  I can feel with speakers moving but no real sound. Strange. 

thanks for trying to help

Userlevel 7

Thanks. I tried King Ghost and didn’t hear any noticeable different sound.  I can feel with speakers moving but no real sound. Strange. 

thanks for trying to help

Have you adjusted the bass on the EQ or the Sub Audio level in the Sonos app?

Userlevel 1

Thanks. I know about the EQ part but I didn’t know there was a sub volume too.  That made the difference. It was almost all the way down.  Wonder how it got that low??  Anyway thanks for your help. It great now.