Answered

Sub (Gen3) connects with Era300 but fails when connecting to Arc

• 8 November 2023
  • 2 replies

Hi,

I recently purchased a Gen3 Sub, Arc and Era300. All speakers have connected to the system perfectly fine. I am able to connect / link my sub to the Era300 speaker perfectly fine, but when I try and connect it to the Arc, it gets gets stuck, and I have to reset it. I’ve factory reset all speakers multiple times, changed systems, etc. No idea why it’s working with the Era300 but not the Arc. Any help would be appreciated!

icon

Best answer by AjTrek1 8 November 2023, 23:00

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

As a home theatre satellite the Sub’s IP address request to the router is proxied via the Arc. Some routers won’t accept such requests over WiFi. As an experiment temporarily Ethernet-wire the Arc to the network. What router is it? 

Userlevel 7

Hi

Unplug the Arc, wait 30 seconds and plug it in. Check that it shows as a room in the app you previously setup.

By the numbers you need to remove the sub from the Era 300 in the Sonos app. The sub should show as a unused product. In the app go to the room with the Arc and select  “add a sub”. The app should suggest the sub you removed from the Era 300. Let us know what happens.

Edit: @ratty types faster than me…so try the suggestion as well.