Answered

Sub gen 3 Volume drop w/Era 300s

• 8 April 2024
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Hey everyone! 

I purchased Era 6 300s to replace my Play3s, I noticed when the sub is connected I have to raise the sub volume to 12 or 13 to simply hear it. also this is probably not the cleanest bass pushing it to its peak volume. With my Play3s the Sub was at 1 or 2 the sub was hitting harder. 

Any ideas? Thanks!

icon

Best answer by nik9669a 8 April 2024, 19:17

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Have you tried bonding it to different Eras to see whether you may have a suspect Era? A diagnostics report and a call to Sonos support may also be worthwhile. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

I was thinking of pairing it to another Era 300, but after I connected the Sub to the rear right Era 300 it asked to complete Trueplay again this time both the sub and speaker calibrated it seems.

Maybe I connect it without doing Trueplay? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

For peace of mind I’d connect it again to the original one and see (hear) what happens. If it’s still not right you may have a faulty Era. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

So I connected to another Era 300, then back to the original, then even an Era 100, output on the Sub was identical, non-existent. While I was connected to the Era 100 I adjusted the bass on the EQ and the Sub was hitting harder and I could turn down the bass volume, but when all EQs and gains are flat the sub virtually has no output. 

When connected to the Play 3s, tuning the sub gain to 3 it was very deep for base, i could not take it much higher before.