Answered

sub dusconnecting during play

• 21 July 2023
  • 7 replies

• Contributor I
  • 3 replies

I recently bought the Arc and sub. I have been trying to install the system with no luck. The arc gets connected, the sub gets connected but when I start to play music or tv the sub disconnects  and only the arc keeps playing. I have tried all possible scenarios like rebooting, connecting through Ethernet cable etc, but each time the sub gets completely disconnected. Wasted a lot of time on this set up. I have. One to a point where I want to return the speakers 

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 21 July 2023, 20:32

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 7

Did you add the Sub to the Arc by following the instructions in this article?https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/set-up-your-sonos-sub

Is the Arc or Sub currently wired with an ethernet cable? Is Wi-Fi enabled on both the Arc and Sub in the Sonos app? What model router do you have?

Is the Wi-Fi/radio turned on on both the Arc and the Sub?

I use the Hitron Coda-4680 modem, set for 2.4 and 5g

i am able to connect the arc and sun through wifi but as soon as I start playing music or the TV the sub powers off and gets disconnected and only the arc keeps playing 

Thanks guys, issue resolved by Sonos support. 
All good now awesome sound. 

For someone else who is having the same issue, what did they and you change?

I had sent a diagnostic report to support. 
next went to app -system-system setting- network- manage network. I set up arc and sub in 2.4g

reboot sub and setup. 
Also what I was looking for in the sub is the light, which apparently goes off to conserve power. So even if the light is off the sub is working and you can feel the vibrations by touching it inside. 

actually the diagnostic report helps them to configure your system. 

Thanks!