Answered

stereo or mono

• 21 June 2023
  • 4 replies

My two Sonos Era100 speakers are at opposite ends of my lounge/dining room and have automatically defaulted to be a stereo pair but I understand I can make them mono. How do I do this? Thanks

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 22 June 2023, 01:09

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7

Separate the speakers as a stereo pair by following the instructions in this article:

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/separate-a-stereo-pair

Then group them in the Sonos app and they will each play as individual stereo speakers rather than a stereo pair.

Thanks for that. It’s a part solution but I cannot find a way to “Group” the speakers. 
The two Era100’s now show as separate speakers in the app. They have the same name and when I play Apple Music they show as two individual speakers with the same name. I can click on both of them to make them play in sync so archived the goal, almost. Any thought as to what I missed?

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

They should have different names, such as Lounge and Diner. It’s easy to rename them: Settings/System/roomname/Room and then type anything you want. Then you can group them. You’ll see one volume control for the group (increasing/decreasing both speakers’ volumes by the same amount) but tap on it and individual controls come up so you can increase the level at one speaker only. 

Thanks I’ll try that.