Answered

static/popping era

• 8 October 2023
  • 1 reply

Just got an era 300 heard great things about it but the quality of sound isn’t what I expected. When you turn a nasty radio up to loud it gets those staticky sounds well I’m getting these sounds on my era 300 on certain songs through the sonos app without it being turned all the way up even halfway. It’s even worse if I’m not in the app just playing Bluetooth with Apple Music. I’m wondering if it’s just how it sounds or if there is a fix to this staticky sound. I play these songs in my truck radio, headphones, etc and don’t get these sounds and this speaker is making them. 

icon

Best answer by AjTrek1 8 October 2023, 16:03

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7

Hi

I Haven’t had any such issues with my Era 300’s. My suggestion; assuming it’s not too late, is to return the speaker to the retailer or Sonos as defective. If returning to Sonos you’ll have to setup a RMA typically by emailing sales. Calling sales of course is the quickest way; if you can get through. If you experience the same issue with a replacement speaker you’ll have to discuss the issue with Sonos Tech support. It could be a coding issue when going over WiFi and/or Bluetooth with those songs.