Stands for Sonos Five

• 23 January 2024
  • 25 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +7
  • Avid Contributor I
  • 101 replies

Hello All Good People

I have been planning to purcase two pair of speakers in near future,and one of the two pairs would most likely be the Sonos Five’s.

If i buy these….what brand stands are you prefere to use. I belive there is Flexson,Mountson and Sanus by brand…and yes we are in Europe if somebody was wondering.

And the Five’s will be in white colour.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

25 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hello @BOL74 …

Just read your other thread and regarding to this I can tell you about the flexson stands for Sonos Five. I used both, the standard white metal stand and also the premium stand made of a metal, glass and wood material mix. I was very happy with them. Very good quality for a fair price. 
Both models have the option to choose between vertical or horizontal mounting. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

#Schlumpf

I guess you read in my other thread that i purcase stands to my Five’s…as you recomended i got some from Flexson. Got a deal in a Norwegian electronic-joint called Elkjøp. They have a lot of “stuff” from fridge,TV’s,toasters…yeah,you get the picture. And they allso have a section of “outlets”…the things people return. And Elkjøp re-sell them. So i got one from each stores,and i hope they are the same.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@BOL74 

I cross my fingers… if they are ok, I suppose you will really like them. 😎

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hello to you all🙏

Today i try one of the Flexson stand for the Five. It fit the Five perfect. Looking forward to recive the other stand mybe tomorrow.

I got a thread on Five vs Era 300 in different topic so check ot out what i think of these speakers(Got something with the stands)

Have a blessed Day🫶

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi Good People👋

I was wondering….bout the Fives…. Is there some sort of gyro that detect when the Five is placed horizontal and vertical? So the sound-signature changes either way.

When i look at the “blueprints” or internals if you like,the tweeters are angle out to each side(when you see it in horizontal position. So if i put then vertical one of the tweeters will play “down” and one will be angle “up”…. Anyone have some info to that? Right now mine is placed vertical on a TV-table on both side of my TV(and the Beam Gen2 in the middle under the TV of course)

And i have not try supply a Sub Mini to the stereo-pair….should i bother? Or if i wanna change the sound-signature i be better off with a Gen 1,2 or 3?

Wish you all a Blessed Weekend🙏

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@BOL74

Hey… that‘s right. The Five automatically determines the orientation and changes the sound profile setup. 
For horizontal orientation there’s a more wide room filling sound. In vertical mode the speakers create a more detailed and powerful sweet spot, but you have to get the exact listening position at the spot to profit from. 
How Sonos does this in detail with the angled tweeters probably is their secret, but it just works. 😎

For my own I would not use a Sub Mini for the pair of Fives. I think their won‘t be a significant difference. If you need a sub at all for them, take the big one. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

#Schlumpf

That explain it for me…. Cause i put them horizontal in my livingroom and the sound was “odd” and it was lacking a “punch” in the bass. But this room is bigger than my master bedroom so i did not think bout it then…. But i enjoy them vertically. Only got a pair of stands i don’t know what to do with. Perhaps dissable them,put them in the box and store them in the attic for later.

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@BOL74

Püh… difficult situation. Imo the setting shown on your photo is a sort of iverkilled setup. The distance between the Fives is not as far as it should be to create a wider stereo stage. Especially also with the Beam in between if it will play grouped with the Fives. 
I would try to set up the Fives again on their stands in the living room as planned from the beginning. But this time in vertical mode… the stands should offer both mounting options. If you even in this way miss some more powerful bass, a big sub will be an option later. 
If you gonna miss something in the front of your bedroom next to the Beam, a think a pair of Era100 or even OneSL would be right enough. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

#Schlumpf

I got the Era100 for surround along with the Sub mini in my bedroom. Era100 gonna be replaced by the Ikea Symfonisk Lamp Gen2 cause i dont like having one lamp(under the Era100) and the Era100 on top.

I use the Five’s for music and they will never be playing when i watch f.ex a Youtube video or a movie.

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

#Schlumpf

I have tried them on their stands in my livingroom upstairs(my Home Theater room) but i did not like how the Fives sounded. They where better in my bedroom like in the pic. I have not recive the stands for my Era300 yet(storm&bad wether all over Norway put them on hold by the mail-company)

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@BOL74

Thx… a photo is more than 1000 words. 😎

In the end you should like it. I just thought it would be worth a try to test the Fives on the stands in vertical mode.

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Like this 👍

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@skullc 

Yeah… exactly! 😎

The heater next to the right speaker… is it for you or for the Five? 😅

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

@skullc

Yeah… exactly! 😎

The heater next to the right speaker… is it for you or for the Five? 😅

Lmao

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

I run Trueplay of course,but this time i felt the treble where not as crisp as in my bedroom. And the bass like melted away…

You guys think i’m wierd somehow when i complain for everything…well,perhaps i am…we are all orginals😆😆😆.

Tracs i’ve been listening to like for my referance:

Madonna- I’m so stupid

Yello-Drive/Driven

Peaches-Peachmobile

leila K-Slow motion

Iron Maiden-Waisted years

REM-Texarkana

So i belive the Five’s going back to my bedroom…and yes #Schlumf i got a pair of Era100 i can put in replacemet for the Fives in my bedroom(incuding the Era100’s for the surround)

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

I do have a sub gen 2 paired with my 5s

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

#skullc

I’m thinking the same…perhaps a Gen1,2or3 will make me happy…. 
I just spend roughly 2k on Sonos-aquipment last month so i need to cool off a bit in my investments🤞

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Yes did the same 2 years ago 😜

same room as my 5s I have an arc with a gen 3 sub and 2 1s

2 moves in the kitchen, 2 roams in the bathroom 

and a beam and 2 1s in the bedroom lol

oh and depends on which streaming service you use for sound quality 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@BOL74 

Don‘t worry… we all may be some kind of crazy carrying all these speakers around the house. 😅

In your living room a big sub likely could put the Fives to the next level. But also some more trueplay attempts could end in a better result. Sometimes for me going arround the room less while doing the tp setup I get a better result. 
Btw… imo the Fives with the stands look quite good in your living room. And your testing track from Yellow is one of my favorites. 👍🏻

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

#Schlumpf

Yes,you’re right… I know Youtuber PeterPee got some videos explaining normal and “pro” Trueplay…need to check it out one more time on his way to do this.

I got dual Gen3 with the Arc&Era300 so i might try one(or two) of them,but i’m pretty sure i’m gonna get my third Gen3(or Gen 1or2).  In near future. I’m the kinda person who keep everything as it is if it’s working.

Yeah,the Five’s on the stands look nice i agree…but i’m not sure how Roborock gonna find them in a nice spot😆😆😆.

Can i ask a little silly question…if i unplug(or the power went off) i need to preform Trueplay again? The Sonos speakers in general i mean…

I am not a fan of the Play:1’s btw…idk if the sound is basicly the same for the One/One Gen2/SL.it’s just not for my taste. I think the Ikea Book Shelf is a better sounding speaker,but that is to my ears. But maybe it got something to do for me who got background in car-stereo. The treble sound more crisp and the bass feels deeper. But that is the same for the Ray. I suspect it’s because of the ported design. But then it’s funny because it’s the oposite for the Gen3 vs Sub mini. The sealed design suit me more for the music,and the Gen3 is ok for movies&Youtube.

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

#Skullc

Sonos is very addictive. I have complete setup(soundbar,sub&surrounds) in three places at my home…but before x-mas -23 my unkle passed away leaving my 90yo alone. So i had to move to her place,and of course i had to get some more Sonos-aquipment to this place. Playbase&Sub mini for grannys livingroom(pretty good sound),got a Roam becide the stressless to listen to radio,a Roam SL for my bedroom and the latest investment was the Ray. Not sure what surrounds i will have for the Ray,but most likely Ikea Symfonisk Frame or Book Shelfs…we’ll see.

I use Apple music for the most. Not a big fan of Spotify cause of low quality. And never bluetooth…

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

#Skullc

Sonos is very addictive. I have complete setup(soundbar,sub&surrounds) in three places at my home…but before x-mas -23 my unkle passed away leaving my 90yo alone. So i had to move to her place,and of course i had to get some more Sonos-aquipment to this place. Playbase&Sub mini for grannys livingroom(pretty good sound),got a Roam becide the stressless to listen to radio,a Roam SL for my bedroom and the latest investment was the Ray. Not sure what surrounds i will have for the Ray,but most likely Ikea Symfonisk Frame or Book Shelfs…we’ll see.

I use Apple music for the most. Not a big fan of Spotify cause of low quality. And never bluetooth…

I use Qobuz myself but have tried most of them now but keep coming back to Qobuz😊

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@BOL74 

There‘s no problem for trueplay, if a speaker is unplugged or cut from power. The tp settings for the room are written to systems hard memory information that is redundant stored on every device.

Each rooms tp settings just change, if you manually do a new tp setup for a room or if the need of a new tp setup is forced by an action. This can be a speaker reset of one of the rooms devices or changing the rooms configuration e. g. removing or adding rearspeakers or a sub, switching between stereo pair and single device config etc.