Answered

Spotify Vs Sonos

• 17 February 2023
  • 2 replies

Hi, so I have my spotify acount, when playing a song and pressing the “select a device” button, it just says “connecting” for eternity.

Sonos is says the speakers and phone are connected, but plays a random playlist instead of the one I want, complete with adverts that I can pause and play but not change. I would never willingly listen to The Venga Boys.

The wife’s plays no problem.

icon

Best answer by Sotiris C. 20 February 2023, 14:06

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hello @BeardedTit and welcome to Sonos Community!

It would be nice if we could have some additional information regarding the playlist issue you are facing. How are you choosing the playlist? What is the Sonos App displaying?

Sonos is says the speakers and phone are connected, but plays a random playlist instead of the one I want,

If you are able to reproduce this, please Submit Diagnostics afterwards and reply here with the confirmation number so that I can have a look.

A few things you can try for Spotify Connect:

• All involved applications (Spotify and Sonos) should be up to date with the latest software.
  • Restart your smartphone. Since your wife can use Spotify Connect without an issue, makes me think this is device related.
  • If you have several Sonos speakers and the issue appears on a specific one, reboot that Sonos speaker (wait 30 seconds before switching the power back on). Give it some time to boot and reconnect to your network and try again.
  • Reboot your router (wait 30 seconds before switching the power back on). Doing a complete network refresh can only do good when facing this kind of issues.

Hi Sotiris, thanks for the reply. I’ve just sat down to have a look at those things, and inexplicably the god damn thing has decided to work anyway. I think threatening it works best.

Thanks anyway. Happy Sonosing.