Answered

Speakers when out, but show up in About | System

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Playing YouTube music on a grouped set of rooms when the Sonos controller froze.

When it came back, all groups were broken apart (i.e. all speakers listed ungrouped), and one of my speakers was not listed.

My system has a Play 3 connected via ethernet, and then the rest of the house using the Sonos Net to connect.

---------------------------------
Play:3: Office
Serial Number: 5C-AA-FD-57-F3-B0:B
Sonos OS: S2
Version: 14.10 (build 68330100)
Hardware Version: 1.8.1.3-1.2
Series ID: A100
IP Address: 192.168.0.222
WM: 0
OTP: 

The missing room is two Play 1s that are paired, and only one of them shows in the Help | About My Sonos System dialog

---------------------------------
Play:1: Parental Room (L)
Serial Number: 94-9F-3E-81-1A-84:9
Sonos OS: S2
Version: 14.10 (build 68330100)
Hardware Version: 1.20.1.6-1.2
Series ID: A200
IP Address: 192.168.0.184
WM: 0

I am going to try unplugging them from the power and plugging back in, but I am curious if the diagnostic log (1691263823) shows anything on why this happened or why the speaker is not seen or why the individual speaker is not displayed as usable.

Thanks

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 15 July 2022, 07:36

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7

Unplug the affected speakers from power for a couple of minutes and reboot your router and the device running the Sonos controller.

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Thanks - as mentioned, I was going to unplug the device and I did and it came back.

However, this feels like I only masked the issue. I was hoping someone could look at the log so I can find a root cause and fix the actual issue rather than deal with the symptoms. 

Thanks