Skip to main content
Answered

speaker doesnt appear in airplay or bluetooth

• 25 June 2023
  • 9 replies

My speaker can be found when I’m in the Sonos app, but doesn’t appear in the Bluetooth/airplay section when I try and play through Spotify or headspace or other apps. It has done in the past so I know it’s possible! I’ve tried restarts of the speaker and my phone etc. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

Userlevel 7

What specific model Sonos speaker(s) do you own?

It’s a play:1

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Play:1 supports neither Bluetooth nor Airplay. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Do you have other speakers and had them grouped?

Userlevel 7

It’s a play:1

The Play:1 isn’t compatible with Bluetooth or AirPlay. But you may be able to connect to the Play:1 directly from the Spotify app via Spotify Connect.

https://support.spotify.com/uk/article/spotify-connect/?ref=related

That seems mad for the amount it cost that it doesn’t support airplay or Bluetooth! Never mind, thanks for the help guys

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

The Play 1 was introduced in 2014. Sonos did not do Airplay back then.

Badge

SONOS Ones setup as pair have suddenly vanished from Airplay options on Mac and iOS, have been fine since I got them, working fine with SONOS apps. All other SONOS products in the house are okay.

Not really enough information to be certain, could be simple transitory wifi interference , or equally transitory duplicate IP address issues, or even something else. Have you submitted a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and called Sonos Support to discuss it?

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and network.