Skip to main content
Answered

Speak Pair not Working in AirPlay

• 28 March 2023
  • 2 replies

Recently my Sonos One Pair has stopped working when using Airplay. The speakers work fine when using the Sonos App. When I try to play music in Airplay I get about a second of music from both speakers and then the sound cuts out on both. On my phone the music shows that it is still playing. I separated the speaks and one of the speakers does not play on Airplay while the other does just fine. I have done a factory reset of both speakers and still have this issue when trying to use the pair. 

Diagnostics are 919649248

You did a good job to isolate the issue to a single speaker. However, factory resetting the speaker removed data Sonos would have used for analysis. Let’s hope there is enough data remaining as you say the issue still exists after the factory reset. 

After over an hour on the phone with Level 1 support we did not reach a resolution to the problem. The only change was that I was finally able to access the network settings. Before calling again for level 2 support I changed my system to the 5ghz band and now working as expected.