Answered

Spatial Music via Era 300s

• 24 April 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Just been playing an Apple Music Spatial Audio playlist of  new pop hits to get an idea of Atmos sound.  Two things stood out:  a sort of reverb effect with sound alternating sort of in and out, volume sometimes increasing quite a lot and then receding back? Is this typical?  Not sure what to make of it.  When I change to stereo music I prefer the sound.

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 24 April 2023, 16:59

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7

It depends on the quality of the Dolby Atmos mix and what the mixing engineer wants you to hear. Every song/album is mixed differently. Some Atmos mixes are great, some are not so great. It’s really hit or miss.

Try testing these songs. They are great examples of Dolby Atmos mixes done well:

"Rocket Man" - Elton John
"Riders on the Storm" - The Doors
"Take On Me" - a-ha
"BOOM" - Tiesto & Sevenn
“Space Oddity” - Davie Bowie
“Chasing Utopia” - xPropaganda
“Into the Mystic” - Van Morrison
“On the Run” - Pink Floyd
“Drive” - R.E.M.
“Personal Shopper” - Steven Wilson
“Come Away With Me” - Norah Jones
“End of Night” - Tears for Fears
“Harridan” - Porcupine Tree
“Tour de France / Prologue / Etape 1 / Chrono / Etape 2” - Kraftwerk
“Exotic Contents” - Max Cooper

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

It depends on the quality of the Dolby Atmos mix and what the mixing engineer wants you to hear. Every song/album is mixed differently. Some Atmos mixes are great, some are not so great. It’s really hit or miss.

Try testing these songs. They are great examples of Dolby Atmos mixes done well:

"Rocket Man" - Elton John
"Riders on the Storm" - The Doors
"Take On Me" - a-ha
"BOOM" - Tiesto & Sevenn
“Space Oddity” - Davie Bowie
“Chasing Utopia” - xPropaganda
“Into the Mystic” - Van Morrison
“On the Run” - Pink Floyd
“Drive” - R.E.M.
“Personal Shopper” - Steven Wilson
“Come Away With Me” - Norah Jones
“End of Night” - Tears for Fears
“Harridan” - Porcupine Tree
“Tour de France / Prologue / Etape 1 / Chrono / Etape 2” - Kraftwerk
“Exotic Contents” - Max Cooper

Many thanks I will.  Do you find any difference between Apple and Amazon versions of same tracks?

Userlevel 7

Many thanks I will.  Do you find any difference between Apple and Amazon versions of same tracks?

I don’t have an Amazon Music Unlimited subscription so I haven’t been able to compare the two.