Answered

Spatial Music button

• 8 April 2023
  • 7 replies

I’ve just set up my ERC 300’s as a stereo pair and am playing Apple Music Spatial audio which is showing Atmos in the app. However I don’t notice any difference turning the Spatial Music Immersive option on or off. 

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 9 April 2023, 19:06

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 7

When you disable the Spatial Audio setting in the Sonos app, does the Dolby Atmos logo disappear from the Now Playing screen in the Sonos app?

When you disable the Spatial Audio setting in the Sonos app, does the Dolby Atmos logo disappear from the Now Playing screen in the Sonos app?

No the Atmos logo is always there

When you say you’re hearing no change, are you getting the immersive effect with and without the immersive effect, or not getting any immersive effect with either setting?

When you say you’re hearing no change, are you getting the immersive effect with and without the immersive effect, or not getting any immersive effect with either setting?

I don’t really notice any immersive effect, just sounds stereo. I remember listening to 3D audio on the Echo Studio and the ERA 300 don’t sound anything like that with Atmos tracks. 

OK, that doesn’t  sound right. Then maybe someone with a pair of 300s can help ask the right questions to point you in the direction of sorting it. I’ve only got Era 309s in my wish list currently!

Userlevel 7

@timwaitt You should hear a pretty significant difference between Atmos and stereo music. Are you playing the music from the Sonos app or Apple Music app?

@timwaitt You should hear a pretty significant difference between Atmos and stereo music. Are you playing the music from the Sonos app or Apple Music app?

Yes playing through Apple Music in the Sonos App. No noticeable difference when turning Spatial Music on and off.