Skip to main content

My Sonos play 5 2nd gen was working ok till we changed our router to shell energy, now it connects for 2 minutes then stops connection and blocks out the router to other devices around the home ?? I’ve got the new Sonos app and have reset router and Sonos speaker several times I’ve spoken to shell and changed channels from 11- to 6 with split 2.4 and 5g connections. Still a problem. Please help.!  🙏
diagnostic no 987122246 

Hi @Stingray0070 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team for some real-time troubleshooting. For what it’s worth, I can see that your speaker is currently connected to our cloud servers.

To be honest, as things worked before and do not now, it’s pretty tempting to blame the new router - this is certainly not the behaviour I’d expect to see from a functional router.

I hope this helps.

I am currently having the same issue. Changed to Shell Broadband. Had problems reconnecting my Sonos Play:1 to the router and when it finally connected wifi would shut off within 20 minutes. Spok to their tech team and connected Sonos on 5GHZ with other devices on 2.4GHZ. I never had this issue with my previous broadband provider. 

Same / similar issue here.  Play:1 and Play:3 speakers connected to Shell supplied router, zero issues with Plusnet router.  But with new shell router sonos works for 5 or so minutes then stops.  Warning about stream not have being encoded correctly but then this takes out the Wifi internet for all other devices.  Router has no error messages - all green lights on the router, but no other devices can access the internet until the router is reset.