Answered

Sonos system keeps losing connection

• 17 January 2023
  • 1 reply

Hello,

I have been reading the problems and solutions that others have had and tried with Sonos and the BT Homehub. We have BT and I have a Sonos Boost. We keep losing connection to our Sonos system, usually at night and in the morning. Is this likely a BT problem with their hub and Sonos not getting on with it or is the Boost solving that and it’s an issue with the Sonos system? 

Thanks for your help. 

icon

Best answer by Corry P 17 January 2023, 16:28

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @mrmachiatto 

Thanks for your post!

If your Boost and BT HomeHub are not at least 1m apart, please make them so, otherwise they will interfere with each other’s transmissions.

In addition, 2.4GHz WiFi ranges from channels 1 to 11 (or 13 in some countries), but the only channels that do not overlap are 1, 6 and 11. Please ensure that your BT WiFi is on one of these (and stays there), and that SonosNet is on another. Settings » System » Network » SonosNet Channel. Only change this setting when all Sonos products are online in the app. To change BT router settings, go to http://192.168.1.254. The best channels to pick may depend on your neighbours WiFi.

I recommend that routers that are free from Internet Providers be rebooted several times a year, regardless of any issues being noticed. You may find this also helps. Switch the router off for at least 30 seconds to reboot.

I hope this helps - if not, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports.

Edit - you may also have a intermittently faulty ethernet cable - try swapping it for another.