Answered

sonos sub won’t connect

• 12 November 2023
  • 5 replies

Badge

My Sonos sub worked fine until I did a simple unplug to move the cord around a different table leg. The last trick I tried was powering down all of my playbar, two S One surrounds, unrelated Play5 and Move so that I could ensure there was no lingering Wi-Fi after power cycling my router. Then once joining the private network of the sub, same problem. No green light, so pressing the flashing “white” button or alternating “white/amber” button is not recognized. Sub simply will not enter into green light status. Yes I powered down the router during many stages of this process and no joy. This never used to be this difficult. What’s going on Sonos?

icon

Best answer by Dkdickman 14 November 2023, 04:00

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

I would recommend that you submit a system diagnostic, and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and network.

We cannot rule out a hardware issue with SUB. Power-up is one of the more stressful events in the life of electronics. If a component is on the edge of failure, power-up could push over the edge.

I suggest that you refrain from Factory Reset without further consult because Factory reset destroys diagnostic data that might have been useful.

Badge

Resolved. Carried the sub near the router and hard wired it. It immediately went into green light status, connected, and then did an update. Crossed my fingers and moved it back to its spot. Then it worked fine on wireless. 

I received my new Sonos mini sub yesterday, trying to set it up was a nightmare. Trying lot locate sub on the app only brought up my Arc, after several hours trying all the advice on this site I gave up and went to bed. Today I tries all over again in vain, I finally deleted the Sonos App the reinstalled it. Bingo.. I set it up and it worked first time. Well worth a try if anyone is having the same problem.

p.s. Sub mini with Arc better than my old Rel Q400e