Answered

sonos sub not working with 2 Fives

• 6 April 2022
  • 3 replies

Hey hey,

I just moved into my new apartment however when I connect my Sub to my 2 fives it wont work. I am seeing the sub in the app and it even reacts to the “show status lights” but no bass trough the sub, only sound from 1 side of the fives. I also factory reset all my speakers with no results. 

Both my fives do work in stereo mode. 

diagnostic: 217549706

icon

Best answer by Corry P 11 April 2022, 10:22

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7

Try separating the two Fives as a stereo pair and unplugging the Fives and Sub from power for a couple of minutes. Then reboot your router. Swap the position of the two Fives then plug everything back in. Wait until all speakers are connected to the network, then create a stereo pair with the two Fives. Then add the Sub to the Fives and test again.

Beyond that good advice, there’s the possibility of ‘simple’ wifi interference causing the Sub to not latch on to the signal of the system. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Diegoo2000 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

You’ve got your Sub in a separate room and grouped with your Fives.

Instead, you want to “bond” the Sub to the pair of Fives, so all 3 products are in one “room”.

In the Sonos app, select Settings » System » Studio » Add Sub and follow the on-screen prompts.

I hope this helps.