Answered

Sonos Sub Gen 3 connection problem

• 26 March 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi there,

I have a problem with my Sonos Sub Gen 3.

It has been on and off from day one (mostly off).

I have the ARC and Sub connection as one room .

The system under setting of the app shows everything fine. I see 4 rooms/products total. 3 room are 3 separate amps each connected to pair of ceiling or outdoor speaker and the 4th room is the ARC+SUB

it actually shows ARC+SUB(+Sub)

and the ARC is amazing but I can not hear anything from Sub. tried few months ago to reconnect and reboot bit nothing work. 

have been using my ARC and 3 other room system and enjoying the music but really missing the sub.

what is the best way to diagnose and resolve the issue on an existing system?

I have the wifi and the connection with ARC and that never had a problem. ARC is also connected to the TV vis HDMI.

PS I had some internet issues and had to reconfigure my whole system and but through Sonos app I did change the wifi and everything seem to be ok, again except the sub. 

Thank you

icon

Best answer by Corry P 6 April 2023, 10:29

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7

Do you have any speakers wired with an ethernet cable? Did you disable Wi-Fi on any speakers?

Userlevel 1
Badge

I have total of 8 speakers (except the ARC and the Sub) all wired and none with Ethernet. all are wired old school with speaker wires from Amp to speaker.

pack of 4 Sonos In-ceiling speakers in living room connected to first Sonos Amp

pair of two Sonos In-ceiling speakers in the kitchen connected to the second Sonos Amp

and two outdoor Sonos speakers in the yard connected to 3rd Sonos Amp

they are all working fine.

it is just the sub which is paired with the ARC that does not work.

Thank you

Userlevel 7

Try unplugging the Arc from power for a couple of minutes and reboot your router.

Userlevel 1
Badge

disconnected the SUB power overnight and restarted the router.

still nothing

Thank you

Userlevel 1
Badge

any help from all experts out there would be much appreciated

weekend starting and perfect time to test and trouble shoot.

really disappointed with this Sonos SUB since it stopped working.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @hnsipan 

Thanks for your post!

Please remove the Sub from the Arc’s room (Settings » System » [room with Arc] » Remove Sub), then bond the two speakers back together again (Connect Sub on the same page) and test. If that does not resolve the issue, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports.

I hope this helps.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thank you Corry

tried that too and it did not work

I think you are right I should call the technical support

Thanks again