Sonos still stucks

• 14 January 2024
  • 6 replies

Sonos is still terrible. It is inconsistent, unreliable and extremely frustrating. It works for weeks and then doesn’t work at all. It requires multiple iterations of turning off routers and speakers and attempting to find reboot magic, which never happens. I’m finally kicking them out and going with Amazon suite of wireless speakers. After years of frustration, I can’t wait to get the new speakers and throw Sonos speakers away. Don’t get it! Not because the cost, which is too high, but because of the frustration factor! Most frustrating product I’ve EVER owned. Advice for anyone considering Sonos, don’t do that to yourself! Move on, go wireless with anything else. #sonossucks

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7

The great thing about Sonos speakers is they work so well for such a long time that they have great resale value. So if you sold them, you could make most of your money back. Or better yet, send all of your speakers to me. I rarely have any issues with my 12 Sonos devices.

Anybody who claims to be throwing hundreds to thousands of dollars worth of equipment in the trash are full of it, and should be ignored.  Sonos sells on e-Bay for a very good return, and anyone not taking advantage of that are either lying, or stupid. 

Or can’t be bothered. 

Or can’t be bothered. 

Yet they take the time to publish a rant about it here?  Sorry, not buying it. 

Typing a comment to help others is easy. Creating an ad, packaging a bunch of crap speakers and proliferating the problem is an unwelcome PITA. If you or anyone reading his lives near Baltimore and wants to come pick up the speakers then feel free to tender an offer. 

By the way, what would the ulterior motive be?! 

Typing a comment to help others is easy. Creating an ad, packaging a bunch of crap speakers and proliferating the problem is an unwelcome PITA. If you or anyone reading his lives near Baltimore and wants to come pick up the speakers then feel free to tender an offer. 

By the way, what would the ulterior motive be?! 

I'll pay the shipping to my home.  PM me for details.

As to the motive?  The internet is chock full of people posting any number of silly grievances for no reason other than the craving for attention.  Nothing surprises me, for any motive.