Skip to main content
Question

Sonos software update issue for my new Amp

• 15 May 2024
  • 8 replies

I have purchased new Sonos amplifier and Sonos in ceiling speakers. I downloaded the Sonos app on my iPhone to connect with my Sonos amp. I went though the steps more than 20 times but every time it shows the software update error saying ‘sign in as the system owner’. ‘The system owner must be logged in’. 

l spent 3 hours doing troubleshooting with the Sonos customer support yesterday but no luck. 

Can anyone please help with this issue??

Regards

Youwan

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Check this out might fix it for you. 

If you are a new owner it isn’t usually this bad, but current app has a lot of bugs and missing features. It’s been a disaster. The amp though is great hardware. 

Thanks will try that option today if it works 👍 They have already escalated my case to the engineering team but can’t confirm when the issue will be fixed. The worst thing is 90 minutes wait time on the phone. 

I tried your above solution but under settings it doesn’t alllow to click on ‘manage’ as it is greyed out so can’t go any further from there. 

Any other solution???

I have this exact same problem, just purchased new amp, beam (gen2) & mini sub. Have only turned the amp on so far to run my outdoor speakers which were previously working fine with the old connect amp & S1 app, download new Sonos app & start the setup process with the new amp which it finds & connects to my home WiFi but than insists a device update is needed to work properly which is than followed with  ‘sign in as the system owner’. ‘The system owner must be logged in’. Youwan have you managed to overcome this problem?

Hey Reidy- I have asked Sonos to replace my current amp with the new amp. They again tried to troubleshoot on Friday but were unsuccessful. 

Finally they advised that they will send the new amp and I will send them back the current one through Australia post on their expense which I have already done. Just waiting for the new amp. Hopefully it works this time. 

My electrician also advised that system owner error is something to do with the transfer of ownership. 

Hey guys- Any idea what is error code 1,014 in Sonos amp??

No sorry I don’t.

I have managed to troubleshoot my problems & my devices are now working, I contacted Sonos support & they emailed me a step by step way to fix the problem (was pretty much what I was already doing) I got home followed there instructions & all of a sudden everything was working & connecting, I’m not sure but I reckon they did something on they’re end to fix my account as I was getting nowhere until I made contact with Sonos.

Ok that’s good. I got my new replacement of amp and did troubleshooting with Sonos support but same issue with new app. Finally they asked to download the old app S1 and in five minutes the amp was connected to my iPhone. All good for now. They are still investigating the issue with the new app.