Answered

Sonos showroom?

• 14 November 2023
  • 6 replies

• Contributor I
  • 2 replies

Is there somewhere in New York City to audition Sonos speakers and get some questions answered?

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 14 November 2023, 05:51

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Do you have a Best Buy nearby? I think Sonos closed the two or three storefronts they had across the US. 

Questions, you can call Sonos sales, or just post them here. This community has a lot of user experience to draw on. 

Thanks. I had hoped to audition the speakers. I may well be wrong, but my general impression of Best Buy is that they would not be set up for that. OTOH, I haven’t been in one for years, so I guess I’ll try.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Been a while but Best Buy used to have a Magnolia sub-store that had Sonos set up in listenable settings.

Do pay careful attention when buying from Best Buy as they sometimes sell old or questionable stuff. Sonos had to warranty replace several devices I bought there a while back.

I used to be in CA, now in WA. All local Best Buy’s had various displays of Sonos speakers. However, I’ll grant you none were in a Magnolia setting, so the acoustics were all over the place, out in the open. But I could certainly listen to different kinds of Sonos speakers, to compare them, in a terrible environment.

Honestly, at this point, I’d be more likely to use the Sonos try and buy (or buy and try, then return? Not sure what that program is called) to see what works in my space. If I had any space that needed Sonos speakers ;)

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Doesn’t Sonos have a “home trial” offer in USA? Unless you want to audition a lot of speakers, but then and try them at home. If you like: keep; if you don’t: return them. 

Yes, in that any unit ordered directly from Sonos has 100-day return period with free shipping. I would have preferred finding something already set up, along with someone to answer questions. Still haven’t tried Best Buy, though.