Skip to main content
Answered

Sonos Roam will not connect to Bluetooth

• 24 December 2022
  • 2 replies

Because Sonos insists on closing questions to comments I will ask the question yet again despite the disturbing number of people who have or have had the same problem. 

The problem is that Sonos Roam is an atrocious piece of kit. When it decides to occasionally connect to our wifi network it is impossible to connect it to Bluetooth. I have read every question/comment/so-called solution in this forum to no avail. We have a fibre street connection, a wifi network that has operated for 15 years without fault. I can run/stream/connect every other device known to mankind to the network once and leave it to breathe. 

We have to reset the Sonos “network” every other week. I have to power down all the speakers. We have to reinstall Sonos on all our devices (all iPhone/iPad/Mac) and hope and pray that it will work. The Roam had never connected to Bluetooth. 

I can connect to any other Bluetooth device available. I can buy a $10 Bluetooth speaker from the warehouse down the road and connect to it immediately using common sense. I can drop it in the pool and it still goes. One day a Sonos device will go. 

2 replies

Userlevel 7

I have no issues pairing my Roam to my Bluetooth devices. It’s a pretty simple process. You must have a defective unit. You should contact Sonos Support:

https://support.sonos.com/s/contact

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Not sure what you mean by “Sonos insists on closing questions to comments"? Also not sure if your post is meant as a comment or a question.

If the Roam does not work well with your wifi ypou need to describe your network, so someone hear can point you in the right direction. The fact you feel the need to reset the Sonos network, whatever that means (Sonosnet, your wifi), does point to problems wifi problems.

And indeed, if you are doing all the right things and the Roam will not connect via bluetooth, you should call Sonos. Maybe they will take a look at your network too.