Answered

Sonos Roam and Alexa

• 9 September 2023
  • 5 replies

Hi, 

My Sonos Roam does not respond to my Alexa commands when I request a specific podcast. I had this issue previously so set a fixed IP for the Roam.

If I speak to my Alexa devices and ask them to play on my Sonos speakers (Symfonisk and Roam) it does this no problem, so I suspect there is an issue with Sonos/Alexa integration NOT the network...

icon

Best answer by jmkingsbury 12 September 2023, 20:57

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @jmkingsbury,

Does the Alexa on the Roam respond to any commands? If it doesn’t, removing and re-adding the Sonos skill in the Alexa app and try again. If it just doesn’t respond to the podcast command, try removing and re-adding the skill in the Alexa app for the podcast service.

If both steps above don’t help resolve your issue, I’d suggest reaching out to our support team for further assistance as they have the necessary tools to help you troubleshoot this issue. 

I hope this helps!

Hi, the Sonos Alexa does respond to commands to play radio and songs but not the specific podcasts (previously it did). I did reconnect the Sonos Skill in Alexa but no change.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @jmkingsbury,

What music service are you playing the Podcasts from? If you don’t have the skill for that service in the Alexa app, try adding it, or try removing/re-adding if you already have it. 

I’d also suggest you go into the Sonos app and reauthorize the Podcast service in the Sonos app, as it sounds like this issue is limited to that service in particular. You can do this by going to Settings → Services & Voice → “Podcast service” → Reauthorize Account.

I give up

The next music set up won’t be Sonos

Userlevel 3

Absolutely infuriating. Alexa can’t hear you properly at even the shortest of distances and the volume on the roam controls the volume of Alexa. So if your roam is at low volume so is Alexa, so you can’t hear “her” response  

Is there a way of independently controlling Alexa’s volume?

it’s absolute amateur hour with this.