Answered

Sonos Ray - Will NOT Recognise My TV Remote

• 23 March 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge +2

I just bought a HIsense 50A6BGTUK  TV. The Sonos Ray will not recognise my new TVs remote, I have tried several times setting up in the Sonos app. Just not recognised. It worked perfectly with old model Hisense TV I had previosuly, very friustrating...

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 23 March 2023, 14:10

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Is the new remote set up for IR, or does it use some other method (RF, Bluetooth, etc?) to communicate with the TV?

The Ray is only capable of seeing IR. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Is your new remote ir or bluetooth?

I tried to hook up Sonos Ray to Sony TV using IR cable provided with Sony Ray purchase. I also use a FireStick for Tv. Tv worked fine until I tried to install Sonos Ray and now no sound comes from tv. Fire stick works for everything except sound now. Sonos Ray sandbar can be controlled by phone and Sonos app to play music, volume can toggle up and down, but once I select to play the Tv through the Sonos the volume stops Working. Also I have tried disconnecting the Sonos, resetting the fire stick to factory settings: and still nothing. Any ideas?  So frustrated. 

Try turning on the optical output in the Sonos TV audio menu.